Woman's Weekly recipe Chilli and chocolate may seem like a strange combination, but they work brilliantly together - honest! You only need four ingredients to whip up this spicy twist on everyone's favourite classic chocolate dessert. It's incredibly rich, so try serving it in small pots or teacups instead of your usual bowls.
Prep time: 10 mins (plus chilling)
Cooking time: 5 mins
Total time: 15 mins (plus chilling)
Skill level: Easy peasy
Costs: Cheap as chips
- 2 x 100g bars dark chilli chocolate, broken into pieces
- 30g unsalted butter
- 4 large eggs, separated
- 100g caster sugar
- Chocolate curls, to decorate
This recipe contains raw eggs, so it should be avoided by anyone with a low immune system.
- Place chocolate and butter in a bowl and add 2tbsp water. Melt in the microwave or over a pan of simmering water, stirring occasionally. Beat in egg yolks.
- Whisk egg whites until stiff, then gradually whisk in the sugar to make a meringue.
- Fold about a third of the meringue into the chocolate mixture with a large metal spoon, to loosen the mixture. Pour this into the remaining meringue and fold together. Divide between small mugs. Chill until set. Decorate with chocolate curls.
Nutritional information per portion
Calories 340(kcal) Fat 20.0g Saturates 10.0g
This nutritional information is only a guide and is based on 2,000 calories per day. For more information on eating a healthy diet, please visit the Food Standards Agency website.
Guideline Daily Amount for 2,000 calories per day are: 70g fat, 20g saturated fat, 90g sugar, 6g salt.