Bacon, and then some, for breakfast, lunch, or dinner. The spinach adds color and variety. The eggs hold it all together. But bacon dominates. Keto life is good.
- 2 eggs
- 51⁄3 oz. bacon cut in cubes
- 3 oz. butter
- 2 oz. fresh spinach
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh chives (optional)
- salt and pepper
- Preheat the oven to 400°F (200°C). Grease an individual serving-sized baking dish with butter.
- Fry bacon and spinach in the remaining butter.
- Whisk the eggs until frothy. Mix in the spinach and bacon, including the fat left from frying.
- Add some finely chopped chives. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Pour the egg mixture into baking dish(es) and bake for 20 minutes or until set and golden brown.
- Let cool for a few minutes and serve.
Ketogenic low carb
3 g carbs / serving
If you love cheese, you might want to mix in some grated cheddar or sprinkle parmesan on top before baking. Sautéed onions are another yummy possible addition.