For a fresh take on fabulous, try this ready-in-fifteen-minutes keto meal. Seafood, dressed in a creamy sauce (accessorized with garlic, fennel, and chili) meets egg, dressed in browned butter simplicity. Then the omelet fold brings the flavors together. What a match!
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 5 oz. cooked shrimp or seafood mix
- 1 red chili pepper
- 2 garlic cloves (optional)
- ½ teaspoon fennel seeds or ground cumin
- ½ cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon fresh chives or dried chives
- 6 eggs
- 2 tablespoons olive oil or butter
- salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat broiler.
- Broil the shrimp or seafood mix in olive oil together with minced garlic, chili, fennel seeds, cumin, salt and pepper. Set aside and let cool to room temperature.
- Add mayo and chives to the cooled seafood mixture.
- Whisk the eggs together. Season with salt and pepper. Fry in a non-stick skillet with plenty of butter or oil.
- Add the seafood mixture when the omelet is almost ready. Fold. Lower the heat and allow to set completely. Serve immediately.
3 g carbs / serving
Feeling fancy? Swap out the shrimp for canned lump crab meat… now we’re talking TRUE INDULGENCE.