Skip the hassle of making sushi rolls at home and just go for this grain bowl. Start with a base of brown rice and add veggies, dressing and creamy avocado for a delicious and easy meal.
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 2 tablespoons reduced-sodium tamari
- 2 tablespoons avocado oil
- 2 teaspoons toasted (dark) sesame oil
- 2 teaspoons grated fresh ginger
- 2 cups cooked brown rice
- 1 cup shredded carrot
- 1 cup diced cucumber
- 1 avocado, diced
- 1 cup frozen shelled edamame, thawed
- 1 cup chopped toasted nori
- Sesame seeds for garnish
- Combine rice vinegar, tamari, avocado oil, sesame oil and ginger in a small bowl.
- Divide brown rice among 4 bowls. Top with equal amounts of carrot, cucumber, avocado, edamame and nori. Drizzle with 2 tablespoons dressing each and sprinkle sesame seeds on top, if desired.
Serving size: 1⅔ cups
Per serving: 341 calories; 20 g fat(3 g sat); 8 g fiber; 35 g carbohydrates; 20 g protein; 178 mcg folate; 0 cholesterol; 3 g sugars; 0 g added sugars; 4,784 IU vitamin A; 11 mg vitamin C; 55 mg calcium; 2 mg iron; 381 mg sodium; 596 mg potassium
Nutrition Bonus: Vitamin A (96% daily value), Folate (44% dv)
Carbohydrate Servings: 2½
Exchanges: 1½ starch, ½ vegetable, ½ lean protein, 3½ fat