Make store-bought butternut squash ravioli your own with sliced chicken breast, asparagus, and pecorino cheese.
- 2 (9-oz.) packages refrigerated butternut squash ravioli
- 2 c. asparagus, cut into thirds
- 1 lb. boneless, skinless chicken breast
- Kosher salt and black pepper
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- 3 tbsp. butter
- 1 chopped shallot
- 1 tbsp. chopped fresh sage
- 1 Chopped Garlic Clove
- Grated pecorino, for serving
- Cook butternut squash ravioli according to package directions, adding asparagus the last minute of cooking. Drain, reserving 1/2 cup cooking water.
- Meanwhile, season chicken breast with kosher salt and black pepper. Cook in olive oil over medium-high heat in a large skillet, partially covered, until cooked through, 4 to 6 minutes per side; slice.
- Reduce heat to medium, add butter, and cook until golden brown, 1 to 2 minutes. Add shallot and cook until golden, 2 to 3 minutes. Stir in sage and garlic. Cook until fragrant, 1 minute. Fold in ravioli, asparagus, and reserved cooking liquid. Season with kosher salt and black pepper. Serve topped with sliced chicken and grated pecorino.