Shrimp and rice gets a tropical makeover in this healthy 400-calorie dinner. Instead of rice, we've combined riced cauliflower and coconut milk for light coconut rice topped with spicy shrimp and a juicy mango-avocado salsa to cool it all down. Squeeze on some fresh lime juice before digging in to take this easy meal to the next level.
- 1 large mango, chopped
- 1 avocado, chopped
- ½ cup chopped red bell pepper
- 1 medium jalapeño, finely chopped
- 1 scallion, sliced
- 3 tablespoons chopped cilantro
- 3 tablespoons liquid coconut oil, divided
- 1½ tablespoons lime juice, plus wedges for serving
- ½ teaspoon salt, divided
- 4 cups cauliflower florets
- 6 tablespoons reduced-fat coconut milk
- 2 tablespoons toasted unsweetened coconut flakes
- 1 pound raw shrimp (16-20 count), peeled and deveined
- ½ teaspoon chili powder
- ½ teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 Combine mango, avocado, bell pepper, jalapeño, scallion, cilantro, 1 tablespoon oil, lime juice and ¼ teaspoon salt in a medium bowl.
- 2 Place cauliflower in a food processor. Pulse until chopped into rice-size pieces.
- 3 Heat 1 tablespoon oil, coconut milk and the remaining ¼ teaspoon salt in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add the cauliflower and cook, stirring occasionally, until softened, about 5 minutes. Transfer to a large bowl and stir in coconut flakes. Wipe out the pan.
- 4 Toss shrimp with chili powder and cumin. Add the remaining 1 tablespoon oil and the shrimp to the pan. Cook over medium heat, stirring occasionally, until just cooked through, 3 to 4 minutes. Serve the shrimp and cauliflower rice with the salsa.
Serving size: ½ cup cauliflower rice, 3 oz. shrimp & 2 Tbsp. salsa
Per serving: 387 calories; 22 g fat(12 g sat); 8 g fiber; 26 g carbohydrates; 27 g protein; 151 mcg folate; 183 mg cholesterol; 15 g sugars; 0 g added sugars; 1,806 IU vitamin A; 118 mg vitamin C; 120 mg calcium; 2 mg iron; 485 mg sodium; 1,080 mg potassium
Nutrition Bonus: Vitamin C (197% daily value), Folate (38% dv), Vitamin A (36% dv)
Carbohydrate Servings: 1½
Exchanges: 4 fat, 3 lean protein, 1 fruit, 1 vegetable