This Baked Ricotta and Spinach Cannelloni (Manicotti Pasta) is made with three delicious cheeses and it’s the perfect easy comfort food recipe that’s also vegetarian! Watch the video below to see how I make it, and don’t forget to stay tuned to the end of this post for the FULL PRINTABLE RECIPE!
- 450 grams Ricotta cheese (approximately 16 ounces)
- 1 egg
- 1 1/2 cup chopped fresh spinach
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- a pinch or two of salt and pepper
- 2 cloves fresh garlic (pressed or finely minced)
- 1 1/2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- 3/4 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 box ready-to-stuff Cannelloni (Mannicotti) noodles (approximately 20 noodles per box)
- 2 380 ml jars of marinara sauce (two 13 fluid ounce jars)
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- Preheat your oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit and set aside a 9-inch by 13-inch rectangular casserole dish.
- Add the ricotta, egg, spinach, basil, salt and pepper, garlic, mozzarella and Parmesan cheeses to a large bowl and stir together with a rubber spatula until well combined.
- Add the ricotta mixture to a piping bag with an open tip (or simply cut the tip off the bag if you don't want to use a tip) and pipe the ricotta filling into each of the ready-to-stuff Cannelloni noodles.
- Spoon approximately one-third of the marinara sauce into the bottom of the baking dish and spread it around until the bottom of the dish is well coated with sauce.
- Place the filled Cannelloni noodles into the base of the baking dish and spoon the remaining marinara sauce over the top.
- Add the remaining mozzarella and Parmesan cheeses in an even layer on the top and bake uncovered at 375 degrees Fahrenheit for about 25 to 30 minutes.
- Serve immediately.