Summary: An easy low carb and keto recipe for blueberry muffins made with almond flour.
- 1 cup blanched almond flour (4 oz wt.)
- 5 tbsp heavy whipping cream (2 1/2 oz wt.)
- 1/3 cup fresh blueberries (1 1/2 oz wt.)
- 2 tbsp swerve sweetener (1 oz wt.)
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 1/2 tbsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp table salt
- nonstick cooking spray, for greasing liners
- Position a rack in the center of the oven. Preheat to 350 F. Prepare a muffin tin fitted with 4 liners. Grease with nonstick cooking spray.
- In a bowl, add dry ingredients (almond flour, sweetener, baking powder, salt). Whisk until well-mixed.
- Add heavy cream and beaten egg to the bowl. Stir together until well-mixed. The batter should be thick, but should fall off a mixing spoon when lifted up. If too thick, add another tablespoon of heavy cream.
- Gently fold in blueberries until well-distributed in the batter.
- Divide the batter among 4 muffin liners, filling each all the way to the top. Smooth the top with a spatula.
- Bake at 350 F until the tops are golden, about 25 minutes. A toothpick inserted in the center should come out clean or with a few dry crumbs. Let them cool a bit before serving.