Chicken Zucchini Enchiladas – Low Carb Recipe. Your gonna enjoy this deliciously easy, healthy low carb zucchini chicken enchilada recipe.
- 1 tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 large onion, chopped
- kosher salt
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tsp. ground cumin
- 2 tsp. chili powder
- 3 c. Shredded chicken
- 1 1/3 c. red enchilada sauce
- 4 large zucchini, halved lengthwise
- 1 c. Shredded Monterey Jack
- 1 c. shredded Cheddar
- Sour cream, for drizzling
- Fresh cilantro leaves, for garnish
- Preheat oven to 350º. In large skillet over medium heat, heat oil.
- Add onion and season with salt.
- Cook until soft, 5 minutes, then add garlic, cumin, and chili powder and stir until combined.
- Add shredded chicken and 1 cup enchilada sauce and stir until saucy.
- On a cutting board, use a Y-shaped vegetable peeler to make thin slices of zucchini.
- Lay out three, slightly overlapping, and place a spoonful of chicken mixture on top.
- Roll up and transfer to a baking dish.
- Repeat with remaining zucchini and chicken mixture.
- Spoon remaining 1/3 cup enchilada sauce over zucchini enchiladas and sprinkle with cheddar and Monterey Jack cheese.
- Bake until melty, 20 minutes.
- Garnish with sour cream and cilantro and serve.