Cranberry Almond Energy Bites are a protein packed recipe that you can store in your freezer for a healthy and convenient snack or breakfast. Loaded with wholesome foods like chia seeds, ground flaxseed, peanut butter and almonds, they have plenty of protein, fiber and healthy fats to fill you up and give you the energy you need to conquer your day!
- 1 c. oatmeal
- 1/3 c. almonds chopped
- 1/3 c. sweetened shredded coconut
- 1 Tbsp. ground flaxseed optional
- 1/2 c. nut butter peanut or almond are both good
- 1/4 c. honey
- 1 Tbsp. chia seeds
- 1/3 c. dried cranberries roughly chopped
- Bake oatmeal, almonds and coconut for 8-10 minutes at 350°, stirring after 5 minutes. Allow the mixture to cool.
- In a medium bowl microwave the nut butter for 20-30 seconds until runny, add the baked mix along with flaxseed, honey, chia seeds and cranberries to the bowl. Form into 1.5" balls and refrigerate. Store in an airtight container refrigerated for up to one week or freezer for 3 months.