Slow cooked BBQ chicken, paired with fresh pineapple and shredded cheddar, all melted in a crispy tortilla quesadilla!
- 8 wheat 10" flour tortillas
- 1 lb. chicken breasts
- 1 c. BBQ sauce
- 1 c. onion diced
- 4 c. fresh pineapple sliced thinly or substitute a large can of pineapple tidbits
- 2 c. shredded cheddar
- 1/2 c. BBQ sauce for spreading on tortillas
- pan spray
- cilantro - optional garnish
- Spray your Crock Pot with pan spray, and add the onions, chicken breasts and 1 c. BBQ sauce. Cook on high for 2 hours or low for 4 hours.
- Let the chicken cool for 10 minutes, then with two forks begin shredding the meat. Stir the mixture well to combine the meat and sauce.
- On each tortilla half, spread 1/2 c. meat mixture. On the other half, layer 1 Tbsp. BBQ sauce, 1/4 c. cheese and 1/2 c. pineapple slices. Fold the quesadillas together and spray each side with pan spray.
- Place quesadillas on a hot griddle or frying pan and cook on each side for 1-2 minutes until crispy.
- Remove from heat, and slice in three sections. Serve immediately.