Tuna Salad is super easy to make and the perfect healthy light lunch or snack. Made with tuna, chopped celery, creamy mayo, red onion and lemon juice. It's low carb, paleo, keto and Whole30 compliant.
- 18 ounce (three 5-ounce) cans of tuna in water , drained well
- 1/4 cup celery , diced
- 1 tablespoon red onion , finely chopped
- 1/2 ripe avocado , cut into small chunks,
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley , chopped
- 2/3 cup Keto / Whole30 compliant mayonnaise , homemade or Primal Kitchen (can also sub with Greek yogurt if not Whole30, Paleo or keto)
- 2 teaspoons Dijon Mustard
- 2 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- fine sea salt or pink salt and freshly cracked black pepper , to taste
- DRAIN THE CAN OF TUNA: Open the can of tuna and drain well. To ensure that all the liquid is drained, you can dump the tuna in a colander and drain over a large bowl for a few minutes while you chop the vegetables.
- PREP THE VEGGIES: Chop the onion, celery, parsley and avocado.
- COMBINE INGREDIENTS: Add the drained tuna, chopped veggies, mayo, Dijon, fresh lemon, salt and black pepper to a large bowl and use a fork or spoon to toss and combine.
- SEASON: Taste and adjust seasonings by adding more salt, pepper and Dijon mustard to taste.
- ENJOY RIGHT AWAY: You can eat it straight out of the bowl or chill in the fridge for at least 1 hour.
- TO CHILL IN THE FRIDGE: Cover with plastic wrap or store in an airtight container with a lid and refrigerate for 1 hour or up to 3 days.
- SERVE: Serve over a salad, in lettuce wraps or stuffed in avocados for a Whole30, Paleo or Low Carb version.
- FOR THOSE THAT DO NOT HAVE DIETARY CONCERNS: You can also make tuna salad sandwiches or tuna melts that you can make using your favorite keto bread.