Jambalaya Recipe – Easy, tasty, one pot recipe for Jambalaya prepared with rice, chicken, shrimp, and sausages. Whip up this Southern favorite in just 30 minutes and get ready for a Mardi Gras dinner that the whole family will love!
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 yellow onion diced
- 2 celery ribs diced
- 2 bell peppers diced (you can use red, green, yellow, etc.)
- salt and fresh ground pepper to taste
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts cubed
- 1/4 teaspoon sweet paprika
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 6 ounces andouille sausage sliced into coins
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 2 cups low-sodium fat free chicken broth
- 1 14.5-oz can diced tomatoes
- 1 cup long grain rice
- 1 teaspoon or to taste, cajun seasoning
- 1 pound shrimp peeled and deveined
- 2 green onions thinly sliced, for garnish
- dried parsley for garnish
- In a large Dutch oven heat olive oil over medium heat.
- Add onions, celery, and bell peppers and season with salt and pepper.
- Cook for 4 minutes, or until just tender. Stir in garlic and cook for 1 minute.
- Stir in chicken and add sweet paprika and oregano.
- Cook for 5 minutes, or until chicken is browned on all sides.
- Stir in prepared sausage and tomato paste; cook for 1 minute.
- Add chicken broth, crushed tomatoes, rice and cajun seasoning.
- Bring mixture to a boil; reduce heat to medium low and cover the pot with a lid.
- Cook for 20 minutes, or until rice is tender and most of the liquid is absorbed.
- Add the shrimp and cook for 4 to 5 minutes, or until shrimp is pink and cooked through.
- Remove from heat.
- Garnish with sliced green onions and dried parsley.