This breakfast is super filling and honestly makes for a great breakfast for dinner too. I like to make extra roasted veggies to have on hand to whip up in a pinch in the mornings. They heat up in seconds in the microwave. Plus, you can roast any of your favorite veggies like butternut squash, sweet potato or zucchini. Whatever you like, or whatever is about to go bad in your fridge, will work just fine. PS I can never get an egg to soft boil. I seem to always forget about it. A soft boil egg is nice though since the yolk gets all up in the lemon juice and creates a bit of a dressing for the arugula.
- 1 pint baby tomatoes
- 1 pint mushrooms use whatever mushrooms you fancy
- 1 cup Arugula
- 2 Soft boiled eggs or fried, hard boiled, scrambled
- 1/2 Lemon
- 1/2 Avocado
- Salt & Pepper
- Everything But The Bagel Seasoning
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees and line two sheet pans with tin foil
- Add your mushrooms and tomatoes to the sheet pan and toss with olive oil, salt and pepper. You can also add your Everything But The Bagel seasoning as well.
- Roast for about 10-15 minutes or until tender and tomatoes have burst. I always like to do this on two sheet pans in case one finishes before the other. Plus the tomatoes kind of get messy.
- While that roasts, hard boil your eggs (or fry them, whatever).
- Once your veggies are finished, add some of them to a bowl with a handful of arugula, half an avocado, sliced, eggs and a squeeze of lemon. I like to top my eggs and avocado with Everything But The Bagel seasoning and a little crushed red pepper flakes. You’ll have left over tomatoes and mushrooms which will be great the next day!