Crazy moist Poke Turtle Brownies seeping with pockets of caramel, infused with pecans and chocolate chips, smothered in the BEST chocolate frosting and topped with more caramel AKA the best brownies EVER!
- 1 cup flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon (optional)
- 1 cup butter, melted (2 sticks)
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 3/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 4 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 1/4 cup pecans, roughly chopped, divided
- 3/4 cup Recipe Easy Creamy Caramel Sauce
- 1/4 cup mini semi-sweet chocolate chips (may sub regular)
- 6 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1/4 cup + 2 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 2 tablespoons light corn syrup (may substitute honey)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups powdered sugar, sifted
- 2-3 tablespoons milk
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line a 9×13 pan with parchment paper or aluminum foil so it overhangs slightly (so you can easily lift brownies out later) and lightly spray with nonstick cooking spray. Set aside.
- Brownies: In a medium bowl, mix together flour, baking powder, salt and cinnamon. Set aside.
- To a separate large bowl, whisk butter, sugar and cocoa powder together. Add eggs to the batter one at a time, beating after each addition just until incorporated. Beat in vanilla. Fold in flour mixture just until combined. Add 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips and 3/4 cups chopped pecans to batter and stir until just combined. Pour batter evenly into pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 30-35 minutes. Let pan cool on a wire rack for 5 minutes then poke holes all over with the back of a chopstick or small wooden spoon. Pour 1/2 cup caramel over brownies and spread into holes with a spatula. Refrigerate brownies for one hour or freeze for 30 minutes to let the caramel set. Meanwhile, prepare the Chocolate Frosting.
- Chocolate Frosting: Beat butter, cocoa, corn syrup and vanilla in small bowl until blended. Add powdered sugar and 2 tablespoons milk and beat until smooth, adding additional milk if needed to reach spreading consistency.
- Once caramel has set, frost brownies with Chocolate Frosting (you don't have to use all of it but I highly recommend it!). Sprinkle evenly with 1/2 cup chopped pecans, 1/4 cup mini chocolate chips and drizzle with 1/4 cup caramel.
- You can serve immediately or refrigerate to allow frosting to set and make cutting easier. I LOVE to microwave my brownie serving for 15 seconds or so before devouring.