We hope you all had a very nice thanksgiving that are full of delicious leftovers you can eat for days. For those of us that traveled for Thanksgiving and now on our way back home and don’t get any leftovers – this recipe is for you. Make yourself feel better by being left out of the glorious turkey sandwiches and make these beautiful Potato Skin Egg Boats. Similar to our OG Baked Egg Boats, these are make in potato skins because we wanted to try out a different carb, and it worked. Load it up like a baked potato if you love that, or swap the bacon for crumbled sausage. It doesn’t matter it will still be amazing.
- 6 small russet potatoes, scrubbed and pricked with a fork all over
- 6 rashers cooked bacon, chopped
- 1 cup shredded cheddar
- 8 large eggs, beaten
- ¼ cup heavy cream or milk
- 2 thinly sliced green onions
- salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 400˚F.
- Place potatoes directly on oven rack in center of the oven and bake for 40 to 45 minutes or until potatoes are tender through the center.
- Remove and allow potatoes to cool for about 15 minutes.
- Slice each potato in half lengthwise and hollow each half out, scooping the potato flesh into a mixing bowl for another use at another time.
- Sprinkle a small amount of bacon and cheddar into each hollowed potato skin and transfer skins to a baking sheet lined with parchment.
- Whisk cream/milk, remaining bacon, half of the remaining cheese and green onion into the egg mixture and season with salt and pepper.
- Pour egg mixture into each potato cavity (¾ full) and top with remaining cheese.
- Lower oven temperature to 375˚F and bake potatoes until the egg mixture has set, 15 to 20 minutes.
- Remove from oven, cool and serve.
- *Makes 12