Make strawberry sangria with fresh strawberries to create a refreshing drink to enjoy all year long! Learn how to make this easy sangria recipe with a few simple ingredients and only 10 minutes of prep.
- 8 cups fresh strawberries trimmed and halved
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup water
- 3 cups white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio
- 2 cups sparkling water chilled
- sliced strawberries for serving
- In a large saucepan over medium heat, combine trimmed strawberries, sugar and water. Bring just to a boil, stirring until the sugar is dissolved. Remove from heat and cool to room temperature.
- Once the strawberry mixture is cooled, press the mixture, a little at a time, through a mesh sieve placed over a bowl, pressing down on the strawberries to extract as much syrup as possible (you should have about 3 cups of syrup). Discard the solids.
- In a 2-quart pitcher, stir together the syrup and wine. Cover and chill up to 24 hours.
- Just before serving, stir in the sparkling water. Garnish with sliced strawberries as desired.
- You can prep the strawberry syrup up to 3 days in advance.
- Store the prepared sangria in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.