Super quick and easy vegan chickpea recipe that would be great for lunch or dinner - whenever you're in a hurry to eat something healthy and tasty. This recipe comes together in 5 minutes and if you put it on a piece of toasted bread - you've got yourself a chickpea bruschetta!
- 1/2 jar/can chickpeas - around 1 cup
- 1 juicy medium tomato, chopped (it’s about 1/2 cup sliced)
- 1 tsp tomato paste
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- A bunch of parsley or basil
- Add chickpeas with olive oil and stir for a few seconds, in a smaller pan
- When it starts to get hot - add garlic, stir quickly and then add chopped tomato, cook for 1 min, add tomato paste to thicken and cook for 30 more seconds
- Take off heat and top with chopped parsley
- Serve on toasted bread and enjoy.
- To make it a main meal - have this with a salad.