This is my favorite Balsamic Chicken Marinade with the best flavor depth from olive oil, garlic, Italian seasoning and, of course, balsamic vinegar. It’s an essential recipe not only for summer, but all year long around here! Whenever I buy chicken breast in bulk, I freeze some of it right in the marinade for extra quick dinner prep.
- 1/2 cup balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1-2 tablespoons brown sugar (optional to offset the acidity from the vinegar)
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 clove garlic (minced (or more to taste))
- 2 teaspoons Italian seasoning
- Salt + pepper (to taste)
- 2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken breast
- Make marinade: Place all marinade ingredients in a measuring jug and whisk very well.
- Marinate chicken: Place chicken in a ziploc bag or small glass dish. Pour marinade on top, making sure all chicken pieces are covered all over. Seal dish or bag well and refrigerate for 15 minutes or up to overnight.
- Cook chicken: Remove chicken from marinade, discarding any excess. Cook chicken your preferred way.Grill: Place chicken on a hot grill and grill 6-8 minutes on either sides, or until chicken is done.Skillet: Heat oil in a skillet. Add chicken and cook around minutes on either side, or until chicken is done.Oven: Place chicken in a baking dish and bake at 410°F for 20-30 minutes, or until chicken is done.