I’m sitting here with the balcony curtains open watching the Disney fireworks go off and listening to the animals at the Animal Kingdom. It’s been a long week with many sleepless nights but the days have been with fun with character sightings and lots of rides. I almost forgot to mention that we’ve been hit with three different illnesses causing people to drop like flies and hole up in their rooms.
- 3 cups chopped broccoli florets
- 1 cauliflower head or 5 cups chopped cauliflower
- 1 large egg
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Italian seasoning
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese, divided
- Boil cauliflower and broccoli in a pot of water for 5 minutes. Remove and drain. Place the vegetables on a paper towel-lined baking sheet for about 1 hour. (You want most of the water to drain from vegetables.) Replace with new paper towels if need be.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Place in a blender with the egg, salt, flour, Italian Seasoning and 1 cup of cheese. Pulse until well blended. Pour into a shallow 10.5 by 7 baking pan lined with parchment paper.
- Bake for 20 minutes and then remove it. Top with the rest of the cheese and bake for an additional 10 minutes. Then broil for 2 minutes. Allow to cool before slicing and serve with marinara.