My Sautéed Green Beans are so quick and easy to whip up, and they taste amazing! Make these with fresh or frozen green beans for Thanksgiving, Christmas or any time you want some greens on your plate.
- 1 pound fresh green beans (trimmed, (OR 1 pound frozen, not defrosted))
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1 onion (chopped)
- 2 cloves garlic (minced)
- Salt & pepper (to taste)
- 1/2 tablespoon butter
- Optional add-ins: 1 teaspoon mustard (I like whole grain Dijon here and 1/2 tablespoon lemon juice)
- Blanch green beans (see notes): Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Add 1 teaspoon of salt and the green beans and cook for 2 minutes. Drain and place in a bowl with ice cold water.
- Sauté: Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add the onion and garlic and cook until softened. Add the beans, season with salt and pepper and sauté until softened to your taste, about 5 minutes.
- Season: Stir in the butter mustard and lemon juice (if using). Check for seasoning and serve warm.