These stuffed peppers are FANTASTIC for breakfast…but, equally wonderful for lunch or dinnertime too, when you’re needing something FAST!
- 3 bell peppers, various colors if desired
- 6 eggs
- cherry tomatoes, chopped
- red onion, diced
- olives, chopped
- feta cheese, crumbled
- nitrate free deli turkey meat, chopped
- cheddar cheese, shredded
- chives, chopped
- bacon, cooked and crumbles
- corn, organic, frozen: thawed, or fresh
- sea salt and fresh ground black pepper, to your taste
- cooking spray
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees f.
- Cut the pepper in half vertically right through the middle of the stem as shown and through to the bottom of the pepper.
- Cut out the seeds and place the peppers on the prepared baking tray.
- Lightly spray with cooking spray and season with salt and pepper, then roast for 10 minutes.
- Once the peppers are done roasting, take them out of the oven and very gently crack an egg into each one.
- Add your favorite topping combo to each, such as:
- tomato, onions, olives
- feta cheese; deli meat, cheddar
- chives; or bacon, jalapeño and corn.
- Return to the preheated oven and bake for 12-15 minutes more, or until eggs whites are completely set.
- Season with sea salt and pepper if desired and enjoy hot!