- 1 Tablespoon Butter Or Olive Oil
- 1/2 cup Diced Zucchini
- 1/2 cup Diced Yellow Squash
- 1/2 whole Medium Onion, Cut Into Chunks
- Salt And Pepper
- 1 whole Tomato, Sliced Thick
- 2 whole Eggs
- 1 teaspoon Vinegar
- 1 slice Cheese (Monterey Jack, Cheddar, Swiss, Etc)
- Melt the butter in a medium skillet over medium high heat. Add the onions and cook until 2 to 3 minutes, or until starting to soften. Add the zucchini and squash, sprinkle with salt and pepper, and stir to cook for 3 to 4 minute. Remove from the heat and set aside.
- Grill the tomato slices on a grill pan or simply sear them in a hot skillet. Remove and set aside.
- Bring a medium saucepan of water to a gentle boil. Add the vinegar. Use a wooden spoon to carefully stir the water into a circular "whirlpool." Crack one egg into the water and allow it to swirl around in the water until the egg begins to set. Let it stay in the water for 1 minute, then remove it with a slotted spoon and set it on a plate. Repeat with the other egg. If eggs need to be cooked longer, just add them back to the water for 30 seconds at a time.
- Spoon the vegetables on a plate or in a bowl and set the eggs on top. Lay the tomato slices on the side. Place the cheese slice on the side so that it starts to soften from the heat.
- Sprinkle eggs with salt and pepper and serve!
Note: Add a link or two of chicken or pork sausage if desired.