Hey y’all! Do you like extra creamy, cheesy casseroles? Pesto? Easy weeknight dinners that you can prep in advance for the hectic week ahead? YES!? Well then, this Keto Cheesy Pesto Chicken Casserole is the recipe for you!
- Avocado oil spray for greasing dish
- 4 c. shredded chicken
- 1 1/2 c. mayonnaise
- 1 c. full fat sour cream
- 3/4 c. homemade pesto
- 1 c. shredded parmesan cheese, separated
- 1 1/2 c. mozzarella cheese, separated
- Freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 2 eggs
- optional garnishes: fresh basil, toasted pine nuts, grated parmesan, a dollop of homemade pesto
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Grease an 8″ x 8″ casserole dish.
- Mix the shredded chicken, mayonnaise, sour cream and homemade pesto.
- Stir in 1 cup shredded mozzarella and 1/2 cup shredded parmesan.
- Add a bit of freshly cracked black pepper to taste.
- Stir in the eggs and mix until combined well.
- Layer the chicken mixture in the bottom of the casserole dish.
- Sprinkle evenly with the remaining mozzarella and parmesan cheeses.
- Bake at 400°F for 20 minutes or until bubbly and browned.
- Place under the broiler for 2-3 minutes to brown the top a little more if desired.
- Serve with optional garnishes such as fresh basil, toasted pine nuts, grated parmesan or a dollop of homemade pesto.