Mediterranean Beef and Rice is a delicious, easy healthy dinner that you could make in 30 minutes and meal prep for the week ahead. Serve with a salad, tzatziki and olives to make this ground beef recipe even better.
- 10 oz lean ground beef (300g)
- 1/2 cup rice, rinsed and drained
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 small tomato, chopped
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp coriander
- 1 tsp mint
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 cup green beans
- Chop your vegetables and rinse and drain the rice until water runs clear.
- In a pan (with a lid) add the ground beef and crumble it. Let cook at medium heat for 2-3 minutes, add a little bit of water, if not using a non-stick pan, cover with a lid.
- Stir in the cumin, coriander, mint and paprika until covered.
- Add some olive oil and stir in the chopped onion and garlic.
- Stir in the rice and add 1/3 cup of water, a few pinches of salt or stock of your choice, making sure everything is covered.
- Cover the pan with a lid and let cook for 10 minutes, checking every now and then whether you need to add water.
- Stir in the green beans and the tomato. Cook until rice is done.
- Once the rice is cooked, check whether you’ll need to add some salt, I had to add a little bit and I added a Tbsp of olive oil.
- Serve warm with a salad, olives and a sauce of your choice (mine was tzatziki, but an avocado sauce could also work).