This extra creamy Coconut Cream Pound Cake With A Vanilla Cream Glaze is what coconut dreams are made of. A buttery from-scratch pound cake is laced with coconut cream pudding and sweetened flaked coconut then baked to perfection. Once cooled, it’s drizzled with a vanilla cream glaze then topped with toasted coconut to close the deal. All that’s left is to do is grab a fork and dig in.
- 1 1/2 cup salted butter softened
- 2 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 6 large eggs
- 2 tsp pure vanilla or 1 tsp vanilla and 2 tsp coconut extract
- 1 3.4 oz box coconut cream instant pudding mix
- 3 cup all purpose flour plus 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 cup sweetened flaked coconut
- For the vanilla cream glaze:
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 4-5 Tbsp heavy cream [plus add'l as needed]
- 1 tsp pure vanilla
- 1/2 cup toasted coconut
- Preheat the oven to 325°F. Spray a standard 10 inch bundt pan with baking spray or butter and flour. Set aside.
- Cream together the butter and sugar for 3-4 minutes until creamy. Add the eggs one at a time beating well after each addition. Beat in the vanilla and instant pudding.
- Begin to add the flour and cream alternatively to the butter/sugar mixture. Stop and scrape the bowl as needed. Mix until fully combined, being careful not to over mix.
- Stir in 1 cup of flaked coconut by hand.
- Spread the batter into the pan. Bounce the pan a few times on the counter to remove any air bubbles and settle the batter.
- Bake for 1 hour 20 minutes to 1 hour 30 minutes or until a cake tester comes back clean. [oven temps vary] Cool completely then invert onto a serving platter.
- To make the vanilla cream glaze: After the cake has cooled, mix together the ingredients for the glaze. Start with 4 tablespoons of heavy cream. adding additional cream until it reaches a "drizzle" consistency.
- Drizzle on the top and down the sides of the cake and sprinkle the toasted coconut on top.
- Store leftovers chilled.