Roasting cauliflower is my favorite way of setting it up. This under-evaluated vegetable has so a lot to offer and roasting it definitely tops the list. It brings out its delicious flavor and matched with garlic, Parmesan and breadcrumbs create an irresistible dish. To make crunchy breaded cauliflower bites, you can use one of two methods. The conclusive outcome is irresistible crunchy cauliflower bites!
- 1 medium cauliflower head
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 cup Italian or plain breadcrumbs
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- 1/2 cup butter melted
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper. Set aside.
- Remove all leaves from cauliflower head. Cut cauliflower into florets, all roughly the same size. You can slice the large florets in half, if needed.
- Melt butter and in a small bowl. Add garlic and stir in.
- Place breadcrumbs, salt, pepper and Parmesan cheese in another bowl.
- Dip each cauliflower piece into butter first, then to breadcrumbs.
- Place each breaded piece on prepared baking sheet. Repeat until you use up all cauliflower.
- Roast cauliflower for 35 to 32 minutes, or until the breading is golden brown.
This cauliflower can be served as a side dish or an appetizer along with a dipping sauce, like Ranch. This breading method prevents the coating mixture from falling off the cauliflower pieces. You can also pour the melted butter over cauliflower bites in a bowl and toss gently to coat. Then sprinkle with breading mixture and stir to coat. Bake as instructed in the recipe above.