The easiest breakfast to put together that looks super fancy for Christmas morning. Depending on how cold your puff pastry is, it'll take longer for your puff pastry to cook, keep an eye on it and adjust time based on how puffed and golden your pastry looks.
- 2 sheets Puff Pastry, thawed to room temperature
- 1 whole Egg, whisked in a small bowl with a teaspoon of water for egg wash
- 6 ounces Gruyere Cheese, shredded
- 8 slices Black Forest Ham
- 8 whole Eggs
- Kosher Salt and Ground Black Pepper, for seasoning
- Chives, chopped for garnish
- Step 1 Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Step 2 Roll out each puff pastry sheet into an equal square, cut each sheet into 4 equal squares. Lay each square evenly spaced apart on 2 large sheet pans lined with parchment paper. Poke holes in the center of the puff pastry with a fork, brush with egg wash and season with kosher salt.
- Step 3 Lay ham on top of the puff pastry. Sprinkle the cheese evenly in a circle on the ham and leave a space in the center to crack the egg into. Place in the oven and bake for 10 – 15 minutes until the edges are beginning to puff.
- Step 4 Remove from the oven, use the back of a spoon to press a slight divot into the center of the puff pastry and crack the eggs into each well. Season egg with kosher salt and ground black pepper.
- Step 5 Bake for an additional 10 – 15 minutes until egg whites are set and puff pastry is golden. Remove and garnish with chives, serve immediately.